My 2017 Discussion Challenge Sign-up Post




One of the things I resolved this 2017 for this book blog is to do discussion posts. It's actually my goal number two in my lunar new year's greeting and resolution post. I resolved to do this last year and even joined the 2016 Discussion Challenge but I failed terribly so I was a bit hesitant to sign up this year's challenge. Yesterday however, I was able to make this resolution a reality. Congrats, self! I talked here about the instances when I can easily spot an author lurking the pages of the books and decided to call my discussion features as "Wandering Thoughts". So now with one discussion post up and live on the blog, I feel more confident in signing up for this year's discussion challenge.

2017 Discussion Challenge is hosted by Nicole of Feed Your Fiction Addiction and Shannon of It Starts at Midnight! They created this challenge to encourage fellow book bloggers to not only read more, but talk more too! This particular challenge has been well-received and successful these past two years that Nicole and Shannon decided to bring it back again this year.

The rules are simple. Just create a sign-up post announcing the intention to join with link back to both the hosts, Nicole and Shannon. So this post is my discussion challenge sign-up post then. Link the participant's sign-up post here. Then at the beginning of every month, a new post will go up on both hosts' blogs where the challengers can put the links of their discussion posts for the month. Discussions can be book related or book blogging related (or generally blogging related—no discussions about things that are completely off-topic like travel or fashion, etc). Discussions can also be about the challengers personally if it’s a get-to-know-you type post. What's more, is that there will also be monthly giveaways. The Twitter hashtag for sharing and connecting with other participants is #LetsDiscuss2017.

At the end of the year, the participants' discussion posts will be counted so we know what level of talkativeness we have achieved. Here are the discussion challenge levels:

1-10 – Discussion Dabbler
11-20 – Creative Conversationalist
21-30 – Chatty Kathy
31-40 – Terrifically Talkative
41+ – Gift of the Gab

This year I am aiming low and will try to become a "Discussion Dabbler"


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...